We are so excited to announce the Lil Mister and Lil Miss Juneteenth
Pageant for youth in our communities! This is going to be a remarkable
opportunity for our young people to show their outstanding talent, skills and
fashion while participating in this Juneteenth Pageant. This pageant is open
for ages 7-12 (must be this age prior to the deadline date) in Adams County
and surrounding communities.
Please complete this application completely. YOU MUST USE THIS OFFICIAL ONLINE APPLICATION or submit a paper version. PLEASE LIMIT YOUR ANSWERS TO THE SPACE PROVIDED. This application will be given to the judges and the information contained on this application will be used by the pageant emcee. PARENTS, IF YOU ARE HELPING YOUR CHILD FILL OUT THIS APPLICATION, PLEASE WRITE IT IN THEIR OWN WORDS.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND HEAD SHOT PHOTOGRAPH NO LATER THAN APRIL 24 TH , 2023
QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT MS. SUE OSBOURNE 217-257-5275
- Must be ages 7-12 at time of pageant
- Submit a completed application packet and have consent (signature) of parent or legal guardian before participating in the Juneteenth Pageant
- Must submit a nice head shot picture along with application.
- If you have medical issues or concerns, please notify the pageant coordinator and make a note of it on your application. Your information will be kept private. Notify the pageant coordinators if there is any change of address or issues.
- Only one person is allowed backstage with each child.
- Each contestant will compete in 3 categories: Interview, Talent, Sunday Best
- Everyone will be judged on their ability to answer questions clearly and decisively, eye contact, smile, posture, maturity for age and overall appearance. Remember, at this time the judges see you close-up, make-up should be minimal. The interview will be TWO minutes. Just relax and be yourself. Everyone can leave to prepare for the pageant as soon as interviews are done.
- Good sportsmanship is always required by contestants, parents and guests.
- Must be happy about participating by exhibiting a great attitude and get along with other contestants.
- Must follow directions.
- Any reports of misconduct or unsportsmanlike behavior of a contestant or a parent will result in immediate disqualification.
- Pageant candidates will be escorted in the Dogwood Parade on May 6, 2023.
- DATE OF PAGEANT IS JUNE 17 TH , 2023 AT JACKSON LINCOLN POOL COMPLEX DURING THE JUNETEENTH COMMUNITY FESTIVAL PAGEANT WILL BEGIN AT 3PM.